Account Manager – VICE Belgium
VICE is the fastest growing youth media company in the world. A community of passionate, young and creative writers, art directors, photographers and directors, active in the production and distribution of magazines, websites, movies, DVDs, books, events and music.
VICELAND is the TV channel of VICE. A global player, with unique, high-quality content and programs closely related to the passions of young people.
As an Account Manager (AM) you will be responsible for the leadership of sales and revenue efforts across its defined agency patch. Translating and evolving the vision for how we devise, convert and execute our products and services in the marketplace, with both agencies and clients directly.
As a member of the commercial team, the AM will be responsible for maximizing revenue and development of the sales account team. Also designated to their patch and business development opportunities at varying budget levels across our diverse range of products, from more traditional content and media, through to more strategic partnerships directly with clients.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Driving revenue for the company through sales both directly with brands and advertisers, and indirectly through agencies
- Delivering significant sales results based on BE targets.
- Ensuring consistency in product, pricing and execution across your own, and other agency patches
- Weekly reporting of relevant financial metrics to the VICE Benelux executive team
- Working with wider team to share best practice and relevant insight to assist in the continual growth & evolution of the Vice Benelux business
- Working with the Ad Operations, Planning and Virtue teams to ensure best in class scoping, pitching and delivery of work and campaigns to your clients
- Strategically approaching and creating key account plans for the growth and development of existing and potential large scale advertiser relationships from a short, medium and long term perspective
- Collaborating international sales teams across Vice globally to support the sales efforts on global opportunities where appropriate
- Represent the company at relevant industry conferences and events.
- Working with the sales leadership team on the overall sales and lead generation strategy for the business.
- 3-5 years relevant working experience
- Professional experience with Digital sales, ability to demonstrate success in growing revenue and profit
- First class network skills, with well-established network in Belgium (clients and agencies)
- An understanding that you have to make things happen yourself and manage the business to make sure you achieve your own objectives
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to work on his/her own initiative
- Commercial and negotiation skills
- Media and content experience at a senior level
- Solid written/verbal communication (NL-FR-ENG) & presentation skills
- A co-operative and proactive approach to reporting on sales success and inputting in team sales meetings.
- Fully aware and up to speed on latest trends and technologies
- Previous experience in media or creative agency is a plus