Strategy Director VIRTUE
VIRTUE Worldwide is VICE’s full-service creative agency that creates cultural value for brands through stories. Leveraging data and technology of the global VICE editorial powerhouse, VIRTUE Worldwide creates work to deliver tangible commercial impact. VIRTUE Worldwide covers research, strategy, creative development, production, content distribution and activation - all under a single roof and accessible worldwide.
The Strategy Director is independently responsible for bringing VICE’s tenacity in storytelling and commitment to commercial impact to local, European and global clients with best in class strategic thinking. Years of experience, insatiable curiosity as well as research expertise, are the basis for insights that bring us forward. Clients come to VIRTUE/VICE for non-traditional solutions, and the work we deliver in return must answer their business challenges with a razor-sharp point of view, backed by real VICE audience insights. The Strategy Director is critical in leading this charge. You will work with a talented, multidisciplinary team of creatives, strategists and designers. You will report to the Head of Strategy.
- Develop best-in-class strategic recommendations to briefs that range from devising content strategies to full communication programs to rebranding, from both retained and pitch clients.
- Interrogate and reinterpret briefs. Truly get to the core of the task at hand and gather an understanding of the wider commercial, brand and consumer context.
- Lead research on briefs to ensure the researched stories are on-strategy and are up to the standards expected from VIRTUE.
- Have a deep understand of consumer behaviour and identify emerging consumer trends – both in purchasing and media behaviour.
- Work dynamically in team – collaborate with the creative team to ensure the strategic vision is effectively brought to life while brand goals are kept firmly in sight.
- Actively work with and contribute to the success of the Virtue team.
- Integrate Virtue with other key departments to improve all areas of the briefing and response process.
- Ensure that the chosen approach is turned into an effective & platform agnostic distribution strategy.
- Assist in the development of junior team members by reviewing their work and involving them in bigger pitches/accounts.
- 5+ years of experience in a media/creative environment (focus on developing brand, campaign and content strategy).
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Familiar with media and content distribution.
- Insatiably curious, and a cultural sponge.
- Deep knowledge of technological, [socio] cultural and media trends.
- Ability to work on an interdisciplinary team and outside partners.
- Proactive, independent and ability to work with multiple deadlines.
- Business savvy – able to identify objectives, KPIs, and track progress against them.
- Deep understanding of brand- and content marketing and how to build brilliant strategies across multiple verticals and devices.
- Excellent storytelling, verbal and written communications skills. This includes the ability to bring an idea to life and confidently pitch that idea to clients (bigger groups of people/C-level management), run meetings and write strategy papers.
- Articulate with critique of both strategic approach and aesthetic execution.
- Experience with Apple Keynote and using brand metrics/tracking tools.
- Evidence of thought leadership in and around brands (a blog, white paper, article etc.).
- Familiar with VICE and our tone of voice.
- Big output, small ego. We’re looking for a strategist who is happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in every detail of a project. Taking great pride in the result is important, but just as important is remaining humble and supportive of the team, even under pressure.
General VICE Competences Creativity, Entrepreneurial, Ambitious, Curious, Engaged, Responsible, Reliable, Pro-Active, Empowering, Open and Diverse.